Monday, July 18, 2011

yoga of socks

a brief update
I don't know what the astrologers said about today, but mine has been a stew of misinformation, consternation, and positive aspects. My desk is still a mess and I'm determined to not let anything get in my way tomorrow. I'll walk away from it this evening and finish the sock I've been carting around for months weeks. I wanted to post two finished pairs, but I aimed too high!
In spite of being the queen of underestimating time (or is it overestimating?) I at least finished one pair. Love the new Lorna's Laces Solemate. A soft combo of merino, nylon, and 30% Outlast (the fiber used by NASA and Ferrari that's supposed to adjust to skin temperature when worn). Color: Desert Flower #100. I want more of this yarn!
I'm anxious to start a new non-sock project. My schedule is heating up again and socks ground me as well as, say, meditation or yoga. 
I am now going out
to meditate in the
grass of San Luis Creek
& talk to hobos &
get some sun & worry
where my soul is going
& what to do & why
            as ever
             and ever
                shit
                                Jack Kerouac

No comments:

Post a Comment