Saturday, July 23, 2011

what exists?

space and time tools
According to Dr. Robert Lanza (scientist, author), "energy doesn't go away at death....[it] never dies, it can neither be created nor destroyed." Based on a scientific theory called biocentrism, the theory is that an infinite number of universes exist and everything that could possibly happen occurs somewhere - death does not exist in any real sense. Lanza says, "the alive feeling - the 'who am I?' is just a 20-watt fountain of energy operating in the brain" and doesn't go away at death. This is an interesting and difficult concept. That space and time are simply the tools for putting together the whirl of information occurring in our minds. I don't understand, but I'm trying.

the properties of matter
Namely, yarn. Picked up at the PO on the way to Elevation, my friends, and a latte.
These Lorna's Laces yarns are part of the Limited Edition Harry Potter series that I wrote about a couple of weeks ago. I like the colors and will wait for magical inspiration to decide their destiny. First I'll try to complete a couple more sock UFOs - like these just finished.
Opal "Surprise". It feels good to knock off finished pairs - especially since I usually complete one full sock before moving on. I guess I'm playing a self-imposed psychological trick on myself. What's one sock? Nothing to it. Beats that second sock syndrome that so many knitters suffer from. And assuages guilt re possible (!) future acquisition!

all talk, no action
Every day we hear that the rain is coming. Weather predictions actually showed thunderstorms every day last week. Unfortunately, clouds built up, wind came in, a few drops fell and that was it. At least here. There may be areas where real rain is falling, but we haven't seen it yet. We're hoping that usually drier August will bring the long-delayed rains.


Quite the contrary
to what I'd thought, passing clouds
are sometimes simply
the moon's entertainment,
it's lovely decoration.
                    Saigyo (12th c) trans. S. Hamill

No comments:

Post a Comment