Monday, July 11, 2011

patterns of hope

Another pretty morning latte to enjoy while catching up with friend Joan and knitting. The coffee shop was cool and noisy, but as usual was emptied by the time we left two hours later. Is it us? The proprietors tease us about that when we leave, but one has to wonder. And next time they will provide a new design for my latte. Meanwhile, I'm loving the simple Pretty Cheep bags! They're so retro useful. Muslin and all. Over coffee and steady conversation, I finished the second pair of handwarmers in Lorna's Laces Sport October '10 Limited Edition Color "Goblin". Nice. I like the color striping more than I thought I would. And they're so soft. I love using LL's yarns.
I had hoped to include in today's blog some pictures from friends' 52nd anniversary picnic in an orchard. Unfortunately, Ron and I were stressed out and feeling a little queasy yesterday so we decided to rest for an hour and awoke in the middle of the night - feeling much better physically, but not so great about missing the party. Better today as the morning air seems a bit clearer. Various conditions are keeping the fire volatile, but it's 50% contained and if nothing too drastic occurs weatherwise, the air might clear up one of these days. Meanwhile there are flash flood warnings in the surrounding areas. The monsoon season is creeping along with two nights of 15 minute heavy rains here. In the desert of Nevada where our son lives, he reports that the monsoon rains are extremely forceful this summer and the streets of northern Las Vegas are running with whitewater!

No comments:

Post a Comment