Monday, December 12, 2011

bethumped by words

There's only one modest photo in this post - of a very small unimportant Christmas tree. No new images to capture. The Big Snow (alert! alert!) seems to be happening now. Our view of the twinkling lights of the town disappears into black darkness. I can't say that it makes me happy (I hate snow) and I'm looking forward to a few days in Arizona over Christmas and Ron's b-day (it's so inconvenient to be born on the 23rd of December). Gifts will go east soon, the third sock will be finished, and I'm reading murder mysteries of the lightest type. I' m going to consign a stack of old notebooks to a fire soon. I've warned husband unit to be sure there's enough  firewood and that the wood stove chimney is clean - an aid to the elimination of a decade of trivia. I'm confident that what's worthwhile will resurface refreshed - or not - and the rest deserves to be reduced to ash. My new mantras?  outflow makes way for the inflow, and when in doubt, throw out.

No comments:

Post a Comment