Friday, June 3, 2011

sister age

maintenance report
As I grow older, physical upkeep gets more costly! So, aware of urgent skin considerations, I gave in and had a deep facial at Skin Sanctuary today. It was my first visit there. Oh my! How luxurious can you get? Relaxing music, warm steam, calm ambiance, natural products, even my feet got massaged! Since it's been some time since I had a facial, there was lots of "debris" to eliminate. Therapist Sacre used that word. Debris. She also likened it to barnacles! So now my barnacles are gone and I'm debris-free. Ready to take on the world. Or at least the laundry before packing.

wildfire update
Air less smokey. Haven't heard today's news about the fire, but I think it may be under control - or at least the wind is blowing in a different direction and the windows can be opened again. The air smelled unhealthy this morning and we shut it out. An ominous western sky tonight at twilight. Smoke? Debris?
forget fire, knit socks
Will finish this pair tonight. Bring east with me as daughter and granddaughter are begging again.
The art of aging is learned,subtly but firmly...
                                             M.F.K. Fisher (Sister Age)


No comments:

Post a Comment