Monday, June 27, 2011

good enough to eat

through a screen brightly
finishing up a telephone conversation with my injured friend this evening, I glanced out the kitchen window to see a blindingly bright tangerine disk on the horizon. It happened so fast and dramatically that I just grabbed the camera and shot through the window screen - which I think gives it an ahhtsy look, don't you?  In any case, I send my sun to Mag where it just lowered itself into the Pacific.

on top of old smokey
The mountains have disappeared as the wind is blowing wildfire smoke into our valley again - all the way from Santa Fe. We're all walking around with itchy red eyes and wondering how bad this really is for our lungs. And during the day it's too hot to close windows and doors. The air conditioned library was unusually crowded on this Monday, with lots of people working at their laptops and at the tables. I'm guessing that they were escaping their own smokey homes and offices. Mostly we don't need air conditioning around here beyond public buildings so when a situation like this smokey one occurs, we're trapped.

getting over it
as I opened the package of new merino fingering weight yarn that arrived at the post office.
Claudia Hand Painted Yarns, "Watermelon" and "Chocolate Cherry"  yum!

Just to test gauge of course...I mean...really...I'm working on that scarf and that shawlette and those other three socks... I started a sock with watermelon (sigh!) - so summery, so soft, so...delicious....(she's outta control again my knitting angels whisper to each other).

Inside the label bands are the words...
PEACE, LOVE, COMFORT & JOY

No comments:

Post a Comment