Monday, June 6, 2011

latitude 41.11 degrees N

Remember Gatsby? the green light at the end of Daisy's dock? A late evening walk to the beach, nearly dark yields a Fitzgeraldian image - Sheffield Light far off in Long Island Sound. Long day of travel that started at 2 a.m. in New Mexico and ended at a beach in southern Connecticut with baby Dante (I think he likes me!).
The last of the sunset, new lights on in the park, cool breeze, good talk, burbling baby boy, low tide. I play with the night snapshot setting on the camera.
The path lights have recently been installed, lending the beach a sort of pleasant honkey-tonk look as an assortment of people walk, talk. I'm the only one trying to take pictures in the dark.
And that velvety darkness beckons as I drag my tired body to bed and fall asleep with thoughts of a long morning walk in the salty air, croissant and coffee at SoNo Bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment