Tuesday, March 29, 2011

all the faces of

This photograph was taken way back in the last century when I was about 13 years old (1950s). My older brother Frank was the photographer with the cool new 35mm camera that he experimented with quite a bit. This must have been a multiple exposure back in the days when film was advanced manually. If you didn't advance it you could keep adding layers of images to the same frame and if you were really smart, you could figure out how they'd come out like this instead messy and unidentifiable. Frank had given me a CD of the old pictures on one of my visits east and I came across it when I was trying to "manage" thousands of photos on my computer. Note: I gave up rather than spend long hours, days, years, doing it - when my desk is still littered with a half dozen unfinished tasks and the next two weeks are going to be a huge push. Funny how the picture represents exactly the way I feel today (but much older). Outside of myself. Multiple selves. Scattered. Out of date. Serious. A little sad as it's the first anniversary of my dear friend's passing. And then a friend told me her daughter landed in the hospital as a result of a week of intense silent meditation! How is this possible? I'll learn more about it tomorrow. Meanwhile, it's dinner time and I think a nice glass of Chianti might help to weave the loose ends and selves together.

No comments:

Post a Comment