Thursday, March 24, 2011

self-control?

abandon all self-control ye who enter here!
Dante Alighieri said it best and better, but my version of his famous words have been echoing in my mind all morning, since my self-imposed hat-of-the-month club has turned into a hat-of-the-week club! I love working with the yarn, finished the kiwi green, and have gotten halfway through the blue.
Wore the mauve hat (#1) on my cold early morning walk. It's deep enough to cover my ears and light and comfortable enough to prevent my pulling it off and abandoning it on a fence or giving it away to the first passerby. Okay, maybe I am a bit unreasonably hat-sensitive. I accept it. It's been like this my whole life. My mother and I started arguing over hats when I was eight and walked to P.S. 97 many blocks away - and we kept at it all through high school which was an even longer walk. "If you catch a cold, don't expect me to take care of you," were usually her parting words". If I got sick, she took care of me - which didn't stop it from happening again. We were both quite stubborn and sure of our positions for the next 40 years!
          My goal today though is to catch up on editing and class work so I'll be free to drive down to Tutto tomorrow for more Foale yarn! The color array is impressive and I may decide to work my way through all the lighter shades!

soon will be the season of colors
of blossoms and leaves and birds
I tell myself not to be greedy
but how shall I eat them all?


        

No comments:

Post a Comment