Tuesday, March 22, 2011

now I'm here

Ferocious wind. Thirty degree temp drop. Dusting of snow. Scary clouds. Welcome spring. By late afternoon the sun creates dramatic shadows and I stop along the way home to take pictures. The Ali Cap saves me from a big wind-headache as I wander around.
Empty table at an outdoor cafe.
A willow archway with an empty birdhouse.
Strawberries from the supermarket soaking in cold water in a blue sink.
The scary sky.

And soon I'll cozy up with blue wool and an old movie (Clark Gable on TCM tonight). The glass of  Chardonney cleared out the residual stress and the chocolate didn't hurt either. I started the blue Ali Cap yesterday and think I love it better than the others. Faithless caprice. Just like the season.

the dark north wind
singing like flutes
sunk deep into the
lowering dusk

No comments:

Post a Comment