Sunday, March 20, 2011

moody blues

True to my obsessions, at Tutto in Santa Fe I bought two more colors of the Marion Foale yarn for the Ali Caps. I started in on the April hat immediately upon returning home. It's a nice spring green shade and my stitches are coming out more crisp and defined than in the first one. This is a good thing and probably based on the fact that I'm now familiar with the stitches, gauge, size and have eliminated the neurotic worry about running out of yarn. The color is soothing (isn't bilious green used to paint hospital and institution walls to keep patients calm? I know I read that somewhere). I'm thinking I'll keep this one and gift the first one - but I also really like the blue - it's so moody and today has a pale blue feeling to it....  There are many more lovely colors of this yarn and I plan to go back for more hat club supplies as soon as possible.
          I also brought home some great Opal sock yarn in cheerful spring colors. More about that another time. No matter how strong the voice from the sock bag is calling "start me, me" I will first finish mates for three pairs that I began a few weeks ago in that aha moment of simplifying and temporarily (or permanently) quitting the labors of lace knitting - which was giving me a big headache. Besides, how many damn shawls and scarves does one person (and her friends and family) need?
          Here is a great little closing phrase on this windy smokey blue-ish day:  
kisses and bises 
          (from what I've learned, it means kisses (of course) and also the northwind!)

No comments:

Post a Comment