Saturday, October 16, 2010

color intoxication

This morning I am drunk on color. These trees which so resemble a Wolf Kahn painting, are 20 or so acres away, yet they stand out on the horizon as if they were glowing from within - zooming in with the camera renders them slightly impressionistic. And then there are the peppers!
I want the season to stop changing  right now. Wouldn't it be lovely if this amazing October weather remained all through the winter? I know skiers and snowboarders wouldn't agree with me. And the Ski Valley people would have a fit - or go into a deep depression - but there you are. I'm not a winter sports aficionado. Forget white and gray, I want color! Cold mornings and nights of sweaters, scarves, handwarmers. Days that turn into warmth and sunshine when those things are removed. In another month or so my vision will turn inward and yarn will supply my color fix. I'll  be tempted by cashmeres hand dyed by Axelle de Sauveterre and others. We humans think we have so much dominion, but just try to control the seasons.

this warm October's
long yellow days
linger on tauntingly
making us believe promises
we'll curse in November snow

No comments:

Post a Comment