Monday, October 25, 2010

passion: reign or rain

Number four is finished! how cute is this? I'm working on one more and then will call it quits. I sent a cell phone picture of the collection to my daughter and she wrote back you are out of control. She may be right. Besides I feel a tad dizzy today and attribute it to knitting four hats on small needles in three days. My obsession has done me in. Knitting can be a dangerous and diversionary thing. Over the weekend the laundry didn't get done, the essay not written, no grocery shopping, certainly not the vacuuming or the editing.

But I just finished writing a piece about the wind wailing and moaning around my house all day today. Icy rain started falling and the dog is hiding under the bed. But as I write these words, the sun is coming through like a randomly set strobe illuminating rusty-yellow wildly blowing trees with an inner glow. Talk about solar powered light! When the clouds clear we will no doubt see something like yesterday's sky - only, as they say in old movies, more so.
Erica Jong wrote this about writing books. Today I can apply it to knitting hats.What will you apply it to?

Every book has been written with guilt, powered by pain. 
Every book has been a baby I did not bear, 
10,000 meals I did not cook, 10,000 beds I did not make

No comments:

Post a Comment