Wednesday, October 20, 2010

on & on it goes

And the beauty goes on and on! The weather is magnificent, day after day. Today we say this could be the last one, especially as the nights and mornings are so frosty - but we said that yesterday too.

My time has been taken up with essay writing and trying to get the anthology off the ground. That's during the day. Every night after an early dinner I park myself in front of yet another movie and knit lovely alpaca mitts for the craft fair that starts the day after Thanksgiving and runs for three days. I like every pair and want to keep them, but reason prevails and they're put aside for someone else to enjoy. I was well stocked with Knitz Mittz for last year's show but they sold out by the second day! I hope to avoid that this year. People who returned on the last day for mittz were miffed! I figure I have most of November for production so I can stop for awhile and finish the myriad baby things I've started and put aside. Baby is due in three weeks! Nonnagrande is stressing....

On Sunday I was asked to participate in an online documentary being made about my friend Natalie Goldberg. Apparently Amazon has added yet another feature to their book browsing capability and it's interviews and biographical information on authors. I'll post more about this as I learn more. Suffice it to say that we were at the Mabel Dodge Luhan House in Taos with the producer and cameraman (east coast guys) and a handful of other participants. The weather was perfect and when we'd finished with interviews and filming, we all trooped outside to take pictures with our own digital cameras. I don't usually post photographs of people but this one was too fun to ignore - hope they don't mind.

Tomorrow's post will show off the new yarn I bought today when I just expected to stop by The Yarn Shop and special order some Cotton Fleece colors for holiday fruit hats for the baby. I call this hand dyed sock yarn  - which doesn't seem to have a name or number: milk chocolate with raspberries and sprinkles. I immediately cast on for a sock even though I know I won't be able to continue. But I have to test it out, don't I? (so far it's delicious).

No comments:

Post a Comment