Saturday, June 8, 2013

poppy park & peace

Poppies blooming in the park. So vivid. I want a scarf in that color to brighten up my mostly black and neutral outfits. Lately I haven't brought a compact camera with me when I walk. It's been a self test of non-attachment (sort of) and I have to admit that I feel uncomfortable without one.  But I am having fun with the iPhone (also a camera but one I can't really take seriously). Two professional photographers recently told me they are going out into the wide world with only their phone camera. I have a feeling we will all get bored at some point, but it's fun for now. I figured out how to create folders on my phone so that my many photo apps aren't scattered over several "pages." I know this is probably not news to most of you, but for me it's a breakthrough to another level! And so is the tiny eensy-weensy macro lens for my phone camera. Purchased from PhotoJojo. It's officially called "conversion lens for mobile phone."
I've been experimenting with it and it does improve close ups dramatically. The lion shown here is a sticker about 1" overall. (So is the lens about 1" overall).

Leo, photographed using regular closeup on camera phone & no macro attached:
Leo with macro lens:
I don't know, frankly, how often I'll use this lens, but I like having it. The only problem is that the case I currently have on my phone can't accommodate the lens which attaches magnetically. The PhotoJojo people have made suggestions for different cases but I haven't gotten around to checking them out. Meanwhile, I can just remove the case. Duh!

A friend sent this to me and I send it to you. It makes all that I've just written irrelevant.



No comments:

Post a Comment