Tuesday, September 6, 2011

sunrise, sunset

quickly fly the years...
As I grow older it seems that time is moving faster. Old story. I hear it from lots of people past a certain age. But it's suddenly gone out of control! My younger granddaughter sent me a picture of great grandson Dante today. I last saw him in person a little over two months ago in mid-June - a seven month old baby. How did this happen!
Megan tells me he's not quite walking yet, but stand him up, let go, and voila! I do remember that his mother, Kira, was walking and talking at nine months and that it was strange to see such a tiny creature strolling around totally oblivious of danger. We were always following her around and catching her before she stepped off the edge of stairways and split-level rooms in our contemporary (read: unique and adult) home in CT. Now I'm anxious to see Dante again and have a feeling that I'll be making another winter trip east (it was so cold last December when he was only two weeks old). Guess I'll be ripping out the size 18 mths sweater and starting a size 2 or 4! Or move on to Plan B, pass GO. Switch to hats and mittens. Maybe a guy blanket - he'll probably be in college soon and will need it in his dorm. Who can keep up with knitting sweaters for such a sweet and fast-moving dynamo of a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment