Thursday, January 20, 2011

friends faraway

I know that weather and landscape inform many of my blog posts and inspire me. But when you live in a place known as the Capital of Sunsets and you have a nearly 360 degree view from your very own humble home, it's an inevitable condition. Tonight's soft sunset (this is a view to the east!) in this January full moon realm drew me outside with camera.
          One friend spending winter on the Cornwall coast (with some handknitted socks) sent me several pages of her manuscript to read and my other friend who is at this very moment in Venice (with a fine handknitted alpaca shawl/scarf), sent me pictures and a challenge. Before imparting any information about her whereabouts and activities in that magical city (which she knows I want to know), asked me to identify the location of two photographs first. I guessed that one was taken from the interior of Florian's cafe toward San Marco Piazza, and the other in the Accademia or maybe San Rocco (that one was harder).  Since it's the middle of the night in Italy I won't learn whether I'm right or wrong until at least tomorrow. And these two friends inspire me. They are both writers, both photographers, beautiful women, and both are appreciators of handknit scarves and socks. What more could one ask for in a friend?

on a full moon night
light behind fleecy clouds
brings thoughts of faraway
                      friends

No comments:

Post a Comment