Wednesday, May 8, 2013

sparkle plenty

I actually worked for several hours today, getting the anthology manuscript ready to give to the designer by the weekend. By late afternoon I was climbing walls and had to get into the car and drive somewhere. I wasn't quite sure where I was going but just turning the key in the ignition and seeing that the travel range was nearly 400 miles was enough (I love that addition to new cars - my 10 year old car didn't have it and I always wondered how far I could go on a tank of gas, worrying when it got down to the last quarter). All those miles available for the open road. Should I head south? or north? Where would I be 400 miles from home? I ended up in town, 10 miles away. Stopped in Moxie and in spite of my vow to not buy any more yarn till I'd completed several UFOs, I found the most exquisite fingering weight yarn. It was the only skein in that color combo....
You can't see it in the photo, but it's shades of olive, rust, grey, and has a nice addition of stellina - that sparkly stuff that never shows up in photos. It's from Greenwood Fiberworks,  called "Gold Dust", made in England, hand-dyed in USA. I love it and will probably start something tonight while Ron watches a baseball game (I'm not opposed to baseball games, but they do go on for a very long time). Maybe I'll start a Stephen West Colonnade shawl. It's a fun pattern to knit and as a shawlette it doesn't make me feel like an old lady (no comments please).

Well, back to the drawing board, or the ball winder, needles, or my pillow.  I ate too many gluten-free chocolate chip cookies tonight and I should take a walk. But it's getting dark now and this isn't a city with sidewalks and bustle and lights. This is a city that sleeps. Early.


No comments:

Post a Comment