Sunday, November 25, 2012

too much Rudoph

the calm before the chaos
It's been a week since I wrote anything on this blog. I don't think I've gone that long since I started it two years ago. It's been wild and crazy-busy as I met a couple of deadlines and prepared for the three day Yuletide Fair still happening in Taos (last day today with shorter hours). I went prepared with two dozen pairs of socks, more than a dozen mittz, assorted other items: felted bags, scarves, shawls, hats. Sharing space with good friend poet Leslie Ullman and her bead poems (check out her books).
We're having fun and it's exhausting to talk and stand all day for three days! Sustained by green tea, chocolate, and biscochitos (via our Taos Pueblo neighbors), and, oh yeah, flat shoes!
The mittz are nearly gone, only a handful of socks...I changed the display yesterday...move the energy around...
There are approximately 100 vendors who range from professionals who do the craft fair circuit all year with custom booths, to the once-a-year crafters with folding tables, pegboard and burlap (ours). There is gorgeous sophisticated jewelry, others not so sophisticated, lots of southwestern turquoise, fabric designers, artists, photographers, Xmas stuff and fabric designers like our neighbor Terrie Hancock Mangat with her art quilts, aprons and design. There's honey, biscochitos, storyteller dolls, fruit pies from the Pueblo, sand dollars covered in silver. In a word: it's a riot of items from people whose passions and hobbies have run amuck! Love it!
There's been a constant flow of people so I haven't had a chance to walk around to take pictures. There's barely time to go to the rest room and when we try to sit for a moment the booth fills up with people and we're up again! The biggest negative (aside from not knowing if my body can bend again from a standing position)? Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer sung by Gene Autry, over and over and over. And if I hear Dean Martin singing I'll be Home For Christmas one more time I may do some damage.



No comments:

Post a Comment