Monday, November 12, 2012

insignificant musings

Okay, let's start here. Last evening at sunset I go out onto freezing cold deck in flipflops and heavy sweater and face west. Suddenly I am seeing Pedernal -- Georgia O'Keefe's famous Ghost Mountain in Abuquiu. Hello? Abiquiu is 60+ miles away! I'm awed. And so grateful for dynamic camera technology that doesn't cost a fortune.
And speaking of technology, there's facebook -- which I have gotten so involved in lately that I'm blogging less and feeling worse. There's something voyeuristic about fb isn't there. I love connecting with friends from Atlanta to Alaska and knowing where they are in their lives, their trips, creative pursuits, accomplishments, pictures of their babies, their activism and loads and loads of wise quotes. I like to share pictures of my handknits and promote them when a show is coming up. I like reading links to articles published in places I might not ordinarily see... Of course, my fb friends are carefully chosen and it's mostly congenial and informative. But I'm checking it a little too often lately and now there are distant family member friends and I feel like I'm reading their mail.  But that's not all. I'm seeing my everyday world in terms of posts and photos! oh my. Does anyone else have this problem? Should I seek help? Back to the only help available at the moment...stress-reliever...knitting...
These are the latest Wild Thing Mittz. Already sold a couple of pairs (on fb). Oh, and cashmere (thank you JF)...
And angora/silk/wool winter scarf...
I have to go now. Have an appointment in town and need to pick up something for dinner. The sun is shining, the air is freezing, my toes are cold (in spite of wool socks) and I'm sorely in need of a change of scenery away from technology. Skin is dry, need to apply Ultra moisture cream against cold and get over envy of fb friend in bathing suite on Venice, CA beach (not that I'd ever wear a bathing suit!). And miss sharing ice cream with dear Dante at Sweet Ashley's. And visiting BBF's Bodega Bay house over Thanksgiving.  I think I read once that technology is causing more stress than relieving it. Dare I leave my iPhone at home?










No comments:

Post a Comment