Saturday, July 21, 2012

jiggidy-jigg

One last visit to the Bay before leaving...still amazed by the woman who swam there every day, endlessly (I never saw her come out of the water).
One last look at the Bay-facing skyline from a long pedestrian walkway out into the water (scenic postcard view)....

home again, home again jiggidy-jigg
Arrived home in the wee  hours this morning after about 15 hours of airports, layovers, connections, lugging stuff. I could have driven faster than my airborne return. Jeesh, it was only San Francisco to northern New Mexico! Should have ended up in Milan or London or Paris - or China - after all that traveling, not Albuquerque! But I'm fine now. Sorting and organizing today. Making vows not to get too absorbed in outside commitments at least until the end of this year. Getting set up for my friend coming in early August for a visit.  The last two days before my return were days of walking miles around the city and mourning with my nephew. He's devastated and we needed each other. I wish I could have stayed longer.

Ron survived quite well without me although his approach to housekeeping is quite different from mine (and I'm not good at it). He's not great with details. Found some strange fruit around the kitchen...avocados? plums?




No comments:

Post a Comment