Friday, May 4, 2012

movin' along again

Yesterday afternoon after a couple of hours at Wired? Cafe working on the first draft of the anthology manuscript, I spotted ravens as big as fat cats stealing things from the open bed of an old pickup in the parking lot. They flew to the highest flat perches they could find, and devoured whatever they'd taken. I don't know what they found, but apparently it was edible. First one raven landed, next there were four, the rush of wings overhead.... It was beginning to feel like a scene from The Birds, so I snapped a couple of pics and left.
I get stuff done at Wired because they have specific places designated as "working areas" and in them people are expected to be quietly aware of others. What a difference from pervasive-annoying-music-loud-gabbing-atmosphere apparent in other coffee shops in town - not conducive to writing, thinking, or relaxing. I prefer a funky Zen-like atmosphere.
and then...
got home to husband unit actually wanting to go out for an early dinner at mondo italiano. The glass of Pinot Grigio I had with the pasta didn't impair my ability later to finish the peachy-chocolate stripey socks. They're on mannequin feet, therefore slightly deformed (non-alcohol related).
released into cyberspace
A short time ago I had the real pleasure of sending the text for the anthology to Lesley, its skillful designer. While I work on getting the visuals together for the interior of the book, the rest is in her hands now and I can take a deep breath. It looks like we'll make deadline after all! Time for a latte? with a splash of vanilla syrup?