Tuesday, May 22, 2012

a good leafy place

There's color everywhere these days, but I missed the circle-of-fire eclipse yesterday. I thought it was today. Just as I missed Lucia's baby shower on Sunday because it was on Saturday! And when I delivered the hand knitted infant hat and socks to her parents' house to give to her, their dog came at me. I didn't panic, but tried to instantaneously figure out a way to escape without the cur chasing me. Fortunately, future grandad Billy came out, wrestled the dog inside, and walked me away from the house. While we were talking, the dog got out again and nipped the back of my thigh. He didn't break through the denim and my skin, but it stung for a couple of hours and I was a bit shaken by the whole experience. Another reason to not walk Spike in our own neighborhood. Instead I schlep to the park in town where it's safe. People don't tend to stroll there with vicious dogs.
This morning in the park, I only wanted to sit down on a bench, inert. Spike had other ideas and we continued to march on. I almost didn't go. My dear granddaughter Kira and her dear Dante decided to Face-Time us at 6:45 a.m.! It was the first time we'd done this and I must say that seeing my own face looking back at me, puffy from sleep, hair in disarray, was somewhat of a shock. Face-Time is a cruel thing. Dante was perky and cute and laughed at me. When he said I love you, vain concerns over appearance dissolved.

not easily ignored...
finito! in soft neon glory!