Saturday, May 5, 2012

back in the future

my vintage life
Oh, I'm having fun with new iPhone. What did Steve Jobs say? They don't know they want it until they have it? yes! How did I live without it? I love taking pictures. I love good quality images. I'm always upgrading my point & shoot cameras, looking for the best of the best in the smallest package. So. Recently read a Wall Street Journal article about iPhone photo apps and was led to Camera Awesome (free app at www.awesomize.com). Had already downloaded Hipstamatic ($1.99) and although it's fun, it isn't quite what I wanted even though I didn't quite know what I wanted when I downloaded it. Now I know. Quite.
it's a nostalgia thing
I will continue to look for a Brownie Hawkeye and film (my first camera at 9 years old) but until I find it I'll explore all the amazing 21st century apps. And today, I will actually go out without my Canon (heart be still), taking only the iP. Oh my. The world is changing with or without me and I hope I can keep up.

...freedom is not the absence of commitments, but the ability to choose & commit oneself to what is best for me...
      Paul Coehlo (from eBook, The Zahir, dowloaded to iPhone for 99 cents! check it out)