Thursday, April 21, 2011

royal wedding?

Most Americans I speak to are pretty blase abut the royal wedding coming up soon. I suspect that most Brits are too. A friend wrote me that her London friends are planning a party featuring tiaras, champagne and the televised wedding. She's not sure if she's going. As for me, I just like the color of the limited edition Lorna's Laces yarn called "Royal Wedding". I finished the Little Colonnade shawlette with it. It was a quick knit and I enjoyed it. The size is neither shawl nor scarf but the yarn is soft, the color striking and I know it will find its niche a couple of seasons from now. I immediately started another using MadelineTosh something-or-other (label disappeared). The color is a sort of verdigris (grey with tiny splotches of sage and pink). I've always loved the color but tried several triangle lace patterns and didn't like any of them - lots of ripping occurred. I've complained often about my dislike (or self-imposed dyslexia) for most lace patterns so I put this one aside after completing the stockinette triangle that precedes the lace. Pulled it out when the Royals was finished and lo and behold, the stitch count and basics were the same. I immediately started in on the colonnade pattern and I think it may survive. In any case, it isn't taxing my patience.

That's my report for today. I'm uber busy again. Writing my final UNM paper, finalizing the content of the SOMOS anthology (there is some excitement surrounding it this year (more later), planning the trip east, getting acquainted with my brand new netbook (delivered today) which is soooo portable. Cafes, here I come! No lugging involved. Slight madness from constant strong winds, but surviving. Haven't committed murder yet - even when the wind blew during the  full moon!

The moon, still alone.
Ten thousand whirling galaxies
and, simply, the moon.
                            Sam Hamill

No comments:

Post a Comment