Tuesday, August 17, 2010

music to the day

My neighbor's sweet white horse was back again briefly last week - to the delight of my urban guests. What is it about horses in landscapes? And me taking pictures of them from my deck a couple of acres away? They do create a tranquil scene as they go about their business which is mostly about eating and what goes along with eating. I'm still surprised every time I see a horse suddenly roll around in the dust on its back or lie down on its side like death and fall asleep. Or (and this one always gets me) pick up a stick in its mouth and use it to scratch its rump!

new project alert!
I think I found a pattern for the new Road to China yarn. It's the Cotty sock pattern by IrishgirlieKnits. I read about it on the Yarn Harlot blog and downloaded it from Ravelry. I just have to figure out if this yarn is dk or fingering weight since the pattern covers both.

On this medium blue sky day the wind blowing in once again feels like an ocean wind. The last couple of nights' steady rain has kept everything deep green this late into summer. I sit at my desk with lace curtains blowing in and out above me (sounds romantic but the curtains came from Walmart many years ago - and  altho I dislike the aforementioned store and what they stand for I can't seem to get rid of the curtains). Breezy days like this feel like they'll last forever. But then that's always the way I feel about mountain weather. Good or bad, it seems like it's always been and always will be. And I suppose, objectively, that's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment