Tuesday, August 3, 2010

falling into the sky

Since I do not need another obsession I have resisted learning to spin. However, today's clouds look so much like fleece that it makes me want to possess a great big bundle of it in exactly those shades of gray. It has to be cashmere though. I've decided that life is too short to knit with anything but cashmere forever and ever - or until it's out of my system (possible?).

This week I've been a good do-bee. Went to a chamber music concert on Sunday night, met up with a friend for a brief cafe break, bought a great vanilla colored Coach bag in town at the chic resale shop Re-neux, wrote a few rough poem drafts - but mostly scrubbed toilets, sinks, floors, decluttered surfaces and emptied my workroom in preparation for the arrival of family members on Friday afternoon. I'm looking forward to the week ahead with them and just hope I won't be too tired to enjoy late hours of talk, wine, lots of food, some sightseeing (been there, done that), a dinner party and general departure from routine. A big box arrived FedX today and I have been instructed not to open it. I'm itching to sneak a look and can probably close it up again undetected - but my daughter said she's set traps inside so she'll know. Amazing how roles shift after a bunch of decades!

The horses were removed to another field this weekend. After only two weeks or less, three horses can denude even the lushest green field. They are eating machines. But, I agree with Alice Walker who wrote, "horses make a landscape more beautiful". One of the horses came by to say goodbye to Spike.
The problem is, we think we have time
                                     Jack Kornfield

No comments:

Post a Comment