Sunday, December 29, 2013

telling it slant

A quiet, soft snowfall on this Sunday morning on top of what was already a white world. Even the annoying dogs who live next door are walking slowly, surveying the fresh new world they've stepped into. The little white dog keeps disappearing into the landscape. It's a day for reading, writing, knitting, and I will continue to work on two pairs of socks to show to the new friend on the east coast. She loved the idea of socks infused with aloe vera and jojoba and wants some for herself, but there weren't any left. I managed to locate the yarn and have been intermittently working on them. The colors are delicious and I hope to make a pair for myself (if I can find more of this yarn).
I have a lunch date later to celebrate my friend's 86th birthday, but we may postpone until the sun shines again (which it's supposed to do all week, starting tomorrow). I'm not a fan of winter but I have to admit that today is especially peaceful and lovely. I wish all of you a harmonious and joyful day, wherever you are and whatever sort of weather you're experiencing on this last Sunday of 2013.
Tell the Truth but tell it slant--
Success in Circuit lies
Too bright for our infirm Delight
The Truth's superb surprise

As Lightning to the Children eased
With explanation kind
The Truth must dazzle gradually
Or every man be blind--
               Emily Dickinson




No comments:

Post a Comment