Friday, December 27, 2013

candycane reflections

Yes, you're seeing it correctly. The Mexican market north of town is having a Jesus Sale! I went in recently to buy some pinon and cedar incense for my daughter back east and found quite a selection of the above mentioned sale items. The locally made incense squares that my daughter loves, turn any room's atmosphere into the best of the southwest (scentwise) and reminds her of this place so far from where she lives. 
Christmas buying frenzy seems to be over and the town is filled with visitors and skiers. It's a busy time of year around here as the Ski Valley really gets into gear. They're making snow up there every night since snowfall has been irregular. I don't know what the base is, but all lifts are open (in case you are planning on coming here to ski). I'm not a skier but I've been walking and just mooching around with my camera (phone and real) enjoying reflections and light decorations everywhere. Taos becomes its own small City of Light every holiday season. And speaking of holiday...dear Dante (3 year old great grandson) is really getting into it! I do love and miss that boy (and his great hair and cool shirt). I plan to see him in the spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment