Wednesday, December 18, 2013

fire in the sky

Just sitting at the kitchen table drinking black coffee, watching this morning's dawn show (with neighbor's Xmas lights). It lingers on and on, sensual and slow, illuminations in unexpected places, a plethora of ever-changing colors, like yarn, like a box of 1000 crayons, splattered paint at the fair, an artist's abstract paintings...
And speaking of yarn, I sold out of every pair of socks and mittz this weekend. They went to writers and artists at the retreat who spread the word and approached me. There wasn't enough inventory for everyone, but there are standing requests for finished items whenever that happens.  So I searched bags, boxes, shelves yesterday and found more UFOs (unfinished objects) than I remembered.
I tend to finish one sock and move on to a different yarn to keep me interested. Now there is a new collection to finish and since I had forgotten what was in the stash, it's all new to me!

rose quartz crystal
ancient coral
pipestone and amethyst
just dawn with coffee 
& a different joy!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment