Wednesday, April 17, 2013

yet always the same

It started innocently enough. A few apricot blossoms beginning to open against a dramatic sky. And then the winds came, harbingers of change. A bit of snow and rain mixed....just enough to transform....
And now? Wet snow that we hope has high moisture content. The wind has stopped, the house is warm and I accomplished more today than I have in previous sunny days. It's a trip to live in the mountains and even though my east coast self has lived here for more than two decades, I'm still awed on a day like this.
As I write, at about 7 pm, snow again. Blowing horizontally. I hunker down, editing done for the day, pick up the socks I'm currently knitting, feel the absence of a fireplace in this contemporary house that doesn't have a single space in which to build one and, in a way, I long for the darkness of the night. The snow stops, thick sky curtain rises slowly, reveals mountains still there. Spring can be so tiring. The very last rays of sun about to disappear into the western horizon clear the thick sky and send rays of gold across the snowy fields.  Just a moment. That's all.
soft wool in my hands
I'm nearly finished with two pairs of socks in muted colors from Trekking and Ty-Dy. And I'm drawn to a new, loose, boyfriend/old man cardi pattern from ChicKnits that I'm considering with different yarns -- my incentive to finish.

icey window windy snow moon tangled among black flowers
the mind is water wrapping itself where it is around what what
         what
never the same
               Ikkyu



No comments:

Post a Comment