Sunday, April 21, 2013

faint echos left

What a weekend! Finally settling down to write, watch a movie, have a glass of wine. After meditation on Saturday I met up with friend Joan and we went to the Taos Fiber Marketplace at the Convention Center. Lots of yarn vendors and wearable art. We visited with friends we hadn't seen since Wool Festival in October, and bought hand-dyed yarn from Kimberly at Cat Mountain Fiber Arts in Colorado.  Admired churro wool (used for colcha embroidery) -- too coarse to knit with but perfect for yarn embroidery on woven cloth.
poetic chaos
Once home again, I prepared for the poetry reading at The SOMOS Space this afternoon -- a kickoff for poetry week. I read with Alan Macrae and Phyillis Hotch. All the while I was choosing and editing a dozen poems, Monkey Mind beat me over the head. If you don't know about Monkey Mind, it's the voice that taunts: who do you think you are? you think you're a poet? ha!! ha!! Most days I can keep that voice away, but not today. However, about 50 people showed up at the reading and it was thrilling to see the turnout and support of the literary community in Taos. We were very well received. Goodbye Monkey Mind. I'm going to try to get to the readings every evening until Friday. and MM is on its way to outer space ~ can't hear its voice anymore. Bye....and thanks for all the angst....At home, tired, we fixed a no-cook meal of dolmas, smoked salmon, olives, heritage tomatoes, basil and mozzarella, good sourdough bread (my downfall). Lovely! Worthy of a poem that I haven't written yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment