Tuesday, September 4, 2012

and so it goes

This may be the most extended busy time for me, ever! (The clock is Big Ben of course -- it seemed appropriate -- not in my neighborhood though, more's the pity!). It seems I haven't stopped racing and stumbling through details (which I hate) toward deadlines (which I tolerate) since June. I thought the trip west in July would set me on a different path -- and it did in some ways -- but mostly (due to technology and other unexpected events) it ultimately didn't. Perhaps I expect too much. I know I'm responsible for creating my own world and it's filled with projects I kinda wanna be involved in and said the fateful yes! (probably even with enthusiasm).  My new outlook, gained from bitter experience, is to say no more often and not look back. If I ever finish the three (good) projects still pending (one is due tomorrow) maybe I can pay attention to my own pleasures, if I can remember what they are. And today, after only four hours sleep last night, my brain is too foggy to remember much of anything except what I need to do in the next hour.

time marches on
So there hasn't been much time to knit. When there is a gap at night, I'm usually too tired. But I'm trying. Picked up a cheerful sock found (on needles) in a forgotten bag in my closet.
I'd abandoned it in early summer one year (when?) because the colors didn't fit my pastel mood (this I remember) but here we are again, end of summer, autumn looming. Fading golden sunflowers are everywhere, brown seed centers, variagated grasses in the fields; exactly like this yarn, except for the aspens way up there that haven't turned orange yet but surely will before I finish this entire pair of socks. It's made with Italian yarn that actually still had a label: Lana Grossa Meilenweit color #3110. I bought it a long time ago. But now I have to move on. Only able to glance at the rich colors and figure out how to find the time to gather stuff together for a Rummage sale on Sunday to benefit the Taos International Society at RuYi Studio founded by Pearl Huang, Tai 'chi master (check it out) and all-around Zen-type good person. I hope to gather enough of my stash to tempt others into yarn-desire. If you're in Taos this weekend, come by between 10 and 4 to 108A Civic Plaza Dr., back parking lot off Martyr's Lane. There will be signs. There are always signs....


No comments:

Post a Comment