Sunday, September 23, 2012

in the blue light

surrounded by dusty dreams
It seems lately that every time I have a free day, it gets taken up with a craft show, a fest of some kind, or a yard/rummage sale. Yesterday it was the Taos Trade Market - a casual gathering of vendors with stuff to sell, on a graveled half acre or so in town.  Once again my poet friend Leslie invited me to share space with her and her necklaces called Bead Poems. It was a fun day -- gorgeous weather -- and a mix of yard-sale stuff and good quality crafts. I didn't bring my handknits since I'm gathering them together for the 3-day Yuletide Crafts Fair at end of November. That show requires a large inventory and I don't want to reveal what I'll be adding this year (which would be too expensive for this trade venue anyway). Nor the fiber "aht" I'm preparing for the exhibit at RuYi Studio in early October. Instead I showed and sold some quality things I've gotten over -- including yarn stash. So. Yesterday's winner of The Most Original and Best of Show? (my unofficial award) is friend Krista's great wedgey-stillettos!
I would have bought a pair if there was any chance of my being able to even take one step in them without breaking my neck! I can't even wear Danskos without tripping! Some guys in big trucks showed up with stuff decidedly not local (the selection and the guys!). Don't know if they actually sold anything, but they added exotic interest to a mostly ordinary flea market. Dig this chair.
All in all it was a fun day with lots of visiting, conversation, some sales. I'm still in declutter mode and beginning to see the light! Occasionally I feel a twinge of regret about something that got caught in the outflow wave, but not often and on second thought, not important.

blue light of the tent
gravel that recalls shells
field of yellow ox-eye daisies
sparkle of beads in the sun
a basket of yarn and wind
     carrying scent of yearning



No comments:

Post a Comment