Friday, April 20, 2012

felicity

I'm so deeply involved in editing (or helping to edit) three manuscripts at this time that I've hardly had time to breath, much less finish knitting projects, fully appreciate new yarns that have arrived, and take pictures. So I rely on cellphone pics of dear Dante (too far away) in Connecticut, to brighten my day. As usual, I'm amazed that the infant I last saw, who couldn't do much, is now filling bottles and buckets on a sandy beach! Everything is possible when barefoot and wearing a cool red hat!
After a few necessary errands in town, I'll be back at my desk later today. It does feel good to get stuff done. Why don't I ever learn that procrastination is unecessary suffering in the roster of 84,000 sufferings that the Buddhists talk about and one of the 64 kinds of headaches that Lorca mentioned.

The countryside bites its own tail in order to gather a
   bunch of roots
and a ball of yarn looks anxiously in the grass for 
   unrealized longitude 

 (Federico Garcia Lorca, from Landscape of a Pissing Multitude)