Tuesday, January 31, 2012

in a tizzy

I haven't written in a while because I'm giddy. I have a new laptop and it's so different from the reliable elderly PC laptop I've been using for ten years! The old retro-tech PC was just getting too clunky and slow (I could knit three rows on a sock while waiting for it to download something) and not quite worth repairing. After a bit of research and consultation with a very nice computer guy, I bought a MacBook Air. Wow! It only arrived yesterday and although it's user friendly, there is always that unavoidable learning curve thing. I can't seem to download photos to my blog using my usual procedure and being a non-techie-type, I don't know what questions to ask that would yield the appropriate answers. So tonight I'm back to my little netbook for now (which I'm going to keep) until help arrives. And it will. On Friday. But I thought I'd check in here before then. Been running around like the proverbial headless chicken. Dealing with chronic sinusitis, editing, fuzzy deadlines, juggling all the other life-is-what-happens-to-you stuff. But I know I'm going to love the Mac! So sleek, so fast - so expensive. And lest you think I've abandoned UFOs, look at this. Another FO! Yarn/sock antidote to high tech (can't get much more basic than knitting socks with four thin wooden sticks and string!).
Really nice, matched, Opals. So winter-beachy, San Francisco foggy, mountain-high cozy. Love 'em! Hopefully my next post will be made with the new computer and then I'm off with it for while for a writing retreat.

Question: have you noticed that political candidates all eventually quote something of Abraham Lincoln, claim it for their own, and somehow make it fit their agenda?  Poor Abe. Must be a restless spirit these days.