Monday, January 16, 2012

a date with self

Surprised by big wet wild snow and windstorm this morning (light snow showers were predicted). Have to wrap mind around new weather since yesterday found me walking in Arroyo Seco village snapping pictures on a springlike Sunday afternoon. I'd been at my desk for many hours over two long days and my body was screaming for exercise. For me that means walking with a camera and a coffee shop destination.
stopped by sound of early mountain snow melt flowing into skinny arm of Rio Pueblo running through village behind coffee shop
and unexpected bevy of colorful bandanas cheerfully blowing in the breeze on a shop's front porch clothesline
color patches of next season's plastic chairs and painted tables abandoned, scattered, stacked, waiting

After an hour or so the sky began to darken and the temperature dropped. I picked up a chai latte at Taos Cow and drove home to a cozy late afternoon with books and yarn. Somehow the night felt so good when it came.

Today I'm just missing the sun.