Friday, November 19, 2010

happy birthday Dante

How cute is this? (even though I can't see his face I know he's the cutest baby ever born). He's here! Arrived in Connecticut late last night with a blue hat! Everyone is doing well and since it was too late for nonni grande to open the bottle of chilled champagne (we were already ensconced in bed watching an old Thin Man movie and really sleepy) we'll do it tonight. I'll get to see him in 10 days and I'm told that I'll never want to leave. This is probably true. His mother is head over heels in love with him and I'm sure he's in love with her and that's probably why Oedipus remains such a popular story. I remember falling for my firstborn son too. The feeling was mutual - and then he grew up to be a Republican. I'm proposing writing a book called How to Love a Republican. Except I sort of have writer's block at the moment. But never mind...
here's to you sweet baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment