Monday, May 3, 2010

spring forward, spring back


It's a bit too chilly
to be standing naked in
this cold spring storm

Basho

The last few days have been rife with cold, wind, blowing snow (horizontally!). The horses, always patient and single-minded (eating) just turn their backs to the wind and continue to forage for new grasses as the snow accumulates on their rumps. As a result of winter's temporary return (today dawned sunny, but cold), I'm thinking pink and rose - the colors I vaguely remember from last year's flowering crab apple trees in the park. So. I put aside all other projects and picked up the sock I'd started to knit and ripped out a month ago, because the yarn is the color I'm hungry for. If it can't be the warm breeze yet, it helps to at least have warm spring colors passing through one's fingers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, Love your horse pic...I wrote the French Dinner story for SF with Muirille Guiliano. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete