Friday, May 21, 2010

Buddha's cafe nook

Cartier-Bresson said: we deal in things that are continually vanishing and when they have vanished, there is no contrivance on earth that can make them come back again...what has gone is gone forever.

He was so right. Last evening, I wanted to write about the nearly-perfect day I had.The weather was sublime (75 degrees, light breeze, blue cloudless sky). I had my hair cut and rejuvenated. A pedicure (first in months and only the fifth in my whole life), met up with an artist friend and a book designer at a photographer's studio to choose something for the cover the of the SOMOS anthology I'm editing. After that meeting (more later about the photographer and his photos) Lesley and I were high on art and needed to keep talking, so we went out to the nearby Wired cafe that's been around for ages and everyone talks about and I had never been to. I love it! It's funky, fun, very Taos, and I plan to go there every day forever. After lunch, alone, I roamed around in the casual Zen garden nooks and took pictures. I planned to include one or two in yesterday's post, until I discovered that my memory card is high capacity and my computer is not! So today I went to the dreaded Walmart, bought a new old low capacity memory card and went back to the cafe. But yesterday at 3:30 was quite different from today at noon. Can one ever recreate a perfect moment? Light and ambiance? what has gone is gone forever...
     ...and by the way, I mentioned a couple of posts ago, C-B's definitive moment. I've since discovered that he called it the decisive moment. There's a fine line between the two words and I'll accept either one - although he may not have.

Under a shade tree
Buddha's statue is indifferent
to the flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment