Monday, May 24, 2010

double trouble

The door is closed. No one at the cafe would dare to open it! Oh, did I say the wind is back? I know I promised not to mention it again, however, it is difficult to keep that promise since the wind is a huge presence that can't be ignored and wherever I go, everyone seems to be talking about nothing else!
     The cafe today was bustling, busy, the music too loud and fast. My salad wasn't very good (some ingredients left out) and the pesto dressing was more oil than pesto. Still, I found a cozy spot at a small round red table next to the Buddha and the gurgling water. Nothing's perfect and today was an off day for me and the cafe. And when I tried to take pictures of the gorgeous deep purple irises, two things happened. The wind whipped them up into a frenzied blur and the color was more cobalt than purple. Nix the iris pictures. They're history now.                                                 
     Lace Shawl is dry and unpinned. The cashmere yarn blocked beautifully. But now I find that the seam does show. I draped it over a brown shirt I was wearing and it was evident. Scrunched up or over a lighter color it doesn't show. Stretched to it's full size over something dark...boo hoo! So now I have to face it. Do I unpick all the sewn stitches, unravel one by one a total of 170, pick up again and graft it? Or do I just wear it, shut up, and hope no one notices? At the moment (because I'm lazy and feel that when something is done it's done) I choose the latter course. I will bring it to NYC and CT and see how it feels. I may face it again when some distance is between us and I'm stronger. How far is it to Paris?

.

"...the wind moves the day,
nothing remains
within your motionless soul."
                        Pablo Neruda


   

No comments:

Post a Comment