Wednesday, July 24, 2013

metaphor soup

I'm getting my metaphors all mixed up. On facebook I wrote about how I'm navigating turbulent seas and was just going to write that I'm stumbling along the path, not sure how much debris is on it. One thing I do know is that huge change is in the air. Astrologers say it's real and will affect everyone on the planet. I don't know about that, but I'm certainly on shifting sands (there, I did it again! forgot I was at sea!). Aliens? Maybe, but probably not quite like Gort who appeared in 1951 - a time when we thought the greatest dangers were atomic bombs and Communists.
I won't go into detail, but suffice it to say that unexpected people and things are turning up in my life and setting me all adrift (in those seas again). Old enemies, old loves. Stories I'd thought I'd forgotten, others I didn't know until now. Tears spring up -- from where? I didn't know I still felt that way.... All of this converges as I deal with Ron's medical problems and surgeries. He'll be fine eventually, but it's rough now. It's been two weeks and I still haven't been able to get down to work editing that manuscript that is taking on more importance (and size) with each passing day of avoidance or simply no time.
Hospital environments are their own planet and after a few days (or long chilly nights) the world outside dissipates. It surprises me when I step outside. Will it rain? Did it rain? When did the colt start exploring on his own? Weaned already? He's only three weeks old and not concerned with existential issues.
We find perfect existence
through imperfect existence


No comments:

Post a Comment