Tuesday, February 5, 2013

balancing the blues

Yesterday, the sun moved a notch past mid-winter and closer to spring. Josseph the Starwatcher told us so. Today I absolutely believe it. Fifteen minutes into my walk in the park, it was so deliciously warm that I had to remove my purple leather gloves, my Qiviut cowl, fleece vest and wool hat. My new distant vision sunglasses (Elle designer frames on sale)...
sharpened my outlook so much that I was surprised I hadn't noticed things getting fuzzy in the last year or so. Since I've only ever needed reading glasses it never occurred to me that anything would change. Driving home from the optometrist I was po'd that my distant vision needed correcting...what? said I to myself...I've had 20/20 distant vision my whole life! At home it occurred to me that I've never before been this old. So. There are two ways to look at this. One is that now I'm past a certain age and certain things will inevitably fail. Or...continue to not give aging much thought. I hope to be able to maintain the latter point of view as long as possible ~ and be mindful of what the Dalai Lama said: today I am fortunate to have woken up. I am alive. I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it.




No comments:

Post a Comment