Sunday, December 5, 2010

winter beach & more

report from Connecticut
It's cold. Grey. The baby is warm and cuddly. The house is cosy. Took a 3 mile walk along beach path with ex-husband's widow. It always amazes me how families extend and get mixed up and somehow it works. I love walking along empty winter beaches. Scarves, hats, gloves. Gulls doing their thing, geese in Vs flying overhead, soft lap of the tide coming in, gossipy talk of two women getting to know each other.
baby report
Dante (17 days old) is perfect and perfectly wonderful. Soft, cuddly, hungry, sleepy, sooo sweet.
And I think he likes me. At least I've been able to get him to sleep. My son (great uncle) came by the other day and took over the fussy baby, calming him down completely. Now he boasts that he can do anything! Run a company, calm babies, and do minor surgery. Well, I'm not sure about the last item, but I can bake chocolate chip cookies (by special request) and buy red Lobster Pot cashmere yarn to knit a lace shawl. So there.
the original sex in the city girls
One of our daughters (now middle aged) described her mother and her five best friends as fitting that description way back in the 1970s (last century). Now, a few years later, we have early dinners with good wine and food - and go home early. I spent a lovely evening with those old friends reconnected with in June. We vowed to keep up with each other and convene once or twice a year from now on. The prosecco flowed and many heartfelt toasts were made to our missing friend, to each other and especially to the new baby.
salute per tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment