Thursday, October 17, 2013

light in my eyes

Well, I've done it again. No blog postings for a week. I'm trying to get back to my more frequent postings but I've been so involved in editing for my forthcoming book (Fall 2014) that I'm losing track of time. But tonight, the almost-full Hunter's Moon called to me and I had to share what I saw at 6:35 pm MDT. Apparently this moon rises around sunset (tonight) and sets around sunrise and it's the only night in this month when the Moon is in the sky all night long. Cool!
I want to dance in its light, but it's kind of chilly out there these last few days. Yesterday we awakened to an all-white world here at 7500 feet. It felt a bit overwhelming and way too soon. By afternoon (and today) the sun had returned and the wet snow melted -- except on the highest peaks. I think I can already hear Taos skiers cheering (although the Ski Valley won't open until after Thanksgiving).
Speaking of which, I've made the final decision to not participate in the Yuletide Craft Fair this year (weekend after Thanksgiving) -- after many many loyal and committed years. What I will have for purchase are a limited edition of special hand knit socks and mitts. This is the end of inventory production for me. What is available will go to collectors who are already making contact in the frantic mode of Fear of Loss. Also, after the holidays I will be selling off my entire yarn stash and will post the event information here. My priorities are changing and I'll let you know where they might be going once I'm sure myself. I'll always knit (it's my occupational therapy) but not as a going enterprise anymore. For now, what I desire more than anything else is to be back east with my family and special friends for this late autumn time. And to be with my dear Dante who is busy these days apple-picking and pumpkin-posing and who will celebrate his third birthday in mid-November. He's a dreamboat.



No comments:

Post a Comment