Sunday, September 1, 2013

sometimes it works

keep on smilin' cause when you're smilin' the whole world smiles with you
the way I felt all day today, at Pearl Huang's Ru Yi Studio, a benefit sale for the Taos International Society, a multi-cultural organization that brings the diverse population of Taos together. We set up outside under the portal, our tables and modest offerings. Sunday people stopped by to buy, we ate good food that each vendor brought (quinoa salad from me) and we shared. There was music and a puppet show!  I got to know, on a deeper level, Chris Autumn, who has been in my life on and off for over 20 years, she's a marvelous writer, performer and artist. We had some good conversation about life and love.
and dear Pearl who always has something wise to impart to me (the last time it was deep breathing to relieve stress -- which I've used over and over in recent weeks), she teaches chi-gong (among many other wonderful offerings) and I'm going to sign up for her classes soon. I'm seeking balance.
But what was the highlight of the sale? These unimaginably high, red, iconic stilettos.
I didn't buy them (not my size or style--I fall down in stilettos) but they sure were  cool. Very sexy. Reminds me of the red shoes that Katherine Hepburn wore in Summertime when she had that brief affair with gorgeous Rossano Brazzi. God, she was so stupid to leave him. I'd like to rewrite that screenplay (but they'd have to be in it). Instead, I quote from Judyth Hill's new book of poems, Dazzling Wobble:

I didn't wake up from this dream;
I wrote it, torn and flayed open.




No comments:

Post a Comment