Monday, June 4, 2012

returns

The horses are back (two more arrived after I took this photo), and the yucca is in full bell-ringing bloom again.
There's a large patch of multiple yuccas out on our land - very picturesque - but I don't feel like walking out there (it's raining lightly) and my camera's zoom isn't powerful enough to snap them from the deck of the house (another justification for the new super-zoom I have my eye on?).

But no time now to think of that. Super busy finishing up the two of the three already deadlined editing projects (the reason why I haven't posted here since last Wednesday). Storied Recipes cookbook is a go - we received many submissions with fun and interesting stories and hope to have it published by October or November. Will keep you informed. Our cookbook meeting was appropriately enhanced by Bonnie Lee Black's Lemon Squares (in March she won the Gourmand International Award in Paris for her memoir with recipes, How to Cook a Crocodile). I ate 4 - OMG ! I had a sugar hangover this morning, but it was worth it. The photo doesn't do them justice but I was so anxious to try one that I didn't take the time to set the camera. Do you think I have a problem?  I'll think about it tomorrow; today I'm on the wagon.
and she kept knitting through it all...
hangover and everything...finished a pair of Alpaca Sox sox. Lovely pink/mauve/candy color. Love what Stephen Beal wrote in his book The Very Stuff: poems on color, thread, and the habits of women...

I have to admit I'm suspicious of this color.
Wary, even though I've come to use it a lot.
For one thing, if my daughter were going to the prom,
I would not select this fuchsia for her gown.
On the other hand, she might.
                       (from 3607