Monday, October 7, 2013

just perfection

I don't think I've ever not written here for a whole week, so this is a first. But, as someone posted on facebook this morning: I am presently experiencing life at a rate of several WTF's per hour. And really, in my case, it's an extension of what's been happening since July. This time it was a medical situation that put me in the hospital for 24 hours and after zillions of dollars worth of tests, I'm fine. But still, that sort of WTF does put one on notice, doesn't it. So what did I do next day? Went to the Taos Wool Festival.
A perfect day weather-wise. Cold enough to wear wool most of the day. I bought only two skeins of cashmere yarn (there isn't an inch of space left in my house to store anything more) and today, sitting in a swath of sunshine in the house, I started a pair of luxe hand warmers in a gorgeous dark natural brown/charcoal for a friend. But back to the Wool Fest. After passing the tent of Sapphire Sky Fiber Arts several times, I was compelled to buy a gorgeous scarf in Indian silk and light felted alpaca. It was my reward for having survived the WTF of the days before.
It's an original design by Deanna Curry-Elrod in Golden, Colorado and it fit so well with a recent horoscope which advised that overlapping shades of purple and green will take over my need to see a clear shape. It went on to tell me to trust my intuition. Not sure what it all means, but WTF!
It almost frightens me 
to feel so alive




No comments:

Post a Comment