Monday, September 30, 2013

aching with rose

Good morning Monday. Just your basic 6:30 a.m. sky. A nice way to usher in the light of what promises to be another beautiful day of autumn. I'm just emerging from a sort of creative/art cave made up of writing, rewriting, daydreaming, walking and reading. It is, of course, the time of Fall Arts here in Taos and there is such an abundance of events that I tend to pull in rather than reach out. Since I've lived here for so long I tend to choose the more obscure events to attend -- if any at all. Like the Chinese poetry and hermit tradition presentation at Metta Theatre on Friday, a rainy cold day that resulted in the first real snow on the mountains next morning.
On Saturday I helped out a friend at the craft fair in the park. Elaine Sutton (Gypsy Moon) is a bead artist and designer and it was fun to wear, touch and sell her incredible work. Gorgeous museum-worthy bags, collars, bracelets, spirit dolls, earrings. This isn't your basic hobby/craft. Her work is truly art.
Check out her website. The spirit dolls below represent three of the four elements (l to r): fire, air, water.
Today I'm stepping back into the quotidian world. There are ordinary things that need to be done. Not the least of which is to finish some of the items I plan to show in the Yuletide Fair in November. Production is definitely lagging this year due to changed priority-settings (photo of sign taken in London when I was there three years ago ~ I took lots of pics of signs ~ words used so creatively (and with a touch of humor) by the Brits.
I'll manage to meet the commitment to the show, will have wonderful things to display, and perhaps it will be the last time I do it. This is a year of firsts and lasts, reawakenings, and choices. Change is everywhere and it can be disturbing or liberating ~ or both at the same time.
I see simplicity
in the complicated.
I do great things
while they are small.
I can get anywhere
from here.
   (Wayne Dyer, affirmations from The Tao Te Ching)



No comments:

Post a Comment