Sunday, April 17, 2011

go with the flow

What's better than traveling in a sports car with the top down on a warm spring afternoon? For me, it would have to be pretty spectacular. The car, a Miata, is my husband's great love and although I drive it sometimes too, I'm short petite,  so it's not as comfortable for me to drive as it is for him - that clutch sometimes seems sooo far away. We had to drive to Santa Fe again today so I could pick up the small, lightweight netbook I need for traveling (I do not like lugging my heavy (to me) laptop through airports and security zones - I'm always crashing into things and absolutely neurotic about losing or dropping it).
          It is quite warm today and we drove home with the top down. Lovely! I couldn't resist snapping pictures of the tops of mountains in the canyon outside of Taos as we zoomed by. The tops are only visible as we pass if there is no car roof to block the view! By the time I got the camera out of my bag we'd passed the most spectacular of the mountaintops, but I like this one - a stark and stoney pinnacle against a blue/white fleecy sky.
          Stopped at the post office on the way home and found the package of yarn from Jimmy Beans Wool.
From left to right: Lorna's Laced Limited Edition Shepherd Sock yarn "Royal Wedding" (for Little Colonnade shawlette by Stephen West), LLSSY in "catalpa" (socks?), and Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in "corsage" (lace socks). Of course my plans for these yarns could change instantly, but I've started the Colonnade pattern and I think it's going to work.
          My ultra busy week-plus hasn't simmered down yet but I seem to have retained some of the energy it generated - I hope it carries me through another busy week ahead.

searching for spring all day
I think I found it in the Rio Grande
flowing fast between promises
of tree buds tight and green

No comments:

Post a Comment